My dog has coordination problems from seizures? - 12yo dog
12yo My dog started with attacks about 2 months. It has since been put on medication and has responded very well there 4 days when she was 3 attacks in 10 hours. Vets have already increased their medication and although I did not see the crisis as efforts to maintain the balance and it has had on the face or legs that fall to go this way. It is very painful to see.
This takes about 3 days now. Because of the increase in medication or something terrible?
Friday, February 12, 2010
12yo Dog My Dog Has Coordination Problems From Seizures?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
At the age of your dog, the most common cause of seizures is a brain tumor. If the condition is progressive, may be on drugs at all, to a worsening of the disease. If you do not follow are going to see a specialist for an MRI, I believe firmly in mind to begin considering the quality of life for your pet. Even if you think it's a brain tumor, may not be able to handle. Good luck, I know how difficult it can be.
Could be a side effect of phenobarbital, because the drug rather quiet dogs help, in some cases, loss of balance. But still, it could be also an indication that his condition is neurological and needs additional diagnostic in order to eliminate possible causes. Your veterinarian can easily measure the levels of phenobarbital in their blood to see if they are high or not. But you should with him about the possibility of diagnosis, if the amount of phenobarbital are normal. Good luck
Sorry to hear problems you touch your dog. To make sure the details with your vet. Get a look at 2 if you deem necessary. Love your dog, as if every day was the last ... I have a dog with seizures, and Thomas, who is only 3 years, I have the opportunity to face that eventually too much for them. I wish you and your dog the best of luck, it sounds as if you were doing everything for your pet. May God bless you ...
Listen to 12 years is a lot I think your dog is getting old like all animals. to give enough time for the good life and happy.
It seems it takes too much medication. Normally used phenobarbital and click for a loop if you have a lot .. Tell your doctor and see what he thinks ...
It is very rarely have a dog starts to seizures in this age, they have a brain scan for tumors?
Sorry .. is so difficult to see our children through these things ..
karla
Post a Comment